1.14.2010

"I got my foot in the door, still hustlin for more..."

The next photographer I'm about to announce for the MCPG Launch Party is very near and dear to my heart, simply because I've seen him develop from the day he got his first camera.

A few years ago, we'd play on the roof of the old D.A.D.E. office practicing taking shots of random things and thought they were the coolest thing ever. Now, David Cabrera is quickly becoming one of the biggest names Miami photography has ever seen. It truly makes me happy to be able to work with you again, DADEvid :)

His repertoire is as extensive as his interests; you can find him shooting flicks of an impromptu skate session, just as easily as you can find him on the set of the latest Usher/DJ Khaled video ("Fed Up"), and then later shooting a look-book for Illesteva Eyewear in the streets of Little Havana. Every few months he puts out a limited series of prints for sale and they are just as soon gone as they arrive. In addition, David's UpNUp Daily blog has been giving a daily dose of "fresh" to Miami's internet-addicted generation for years.

This Saturday, January 16th, his latest series, "Up In Smoke" will be displayed at Easy Street Gallery in Wynwood (3501 NW 2 Ave, Miami) and I definitely recommend it. Then of course you can catch some more of David's work at our fiesta!

Here are some of my favorite past works, and you can find the rest on his Flikr site.










Ok, so that last one is really old but if you look closely you might recognize the lil' lady! :)

4 comments:

  1. I really like your work!!!!! You seem to be very talented, can't wait to see your new Exhibits =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your picture quality is amazing !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Event will surely be a success...like the lil lady...I think I know her....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are amazing. Great work.

    ReplyDelete