1.11.2010

"I could rage against the machine or stay calm like a bomb..."

I recently caught this next artist at a show where he was said to have "a voice that sounds like his mom fed him glass as a kid". I couldn't have painted a more graphic image of this dude's sound myself. And I friggin LOVE it.

A well-known figure among the local rap battle circuit since he was 15, Parable MC is still a staple in the national rap battle scene 10 years later. I could go on and on about his accomplishments, but I'd rather talk about what I saw first-hand and let you visit his fanpage for the bio.

So I'm at the show to check out the potential rapper for my own show, when Parable took the stage alongside his newest partners-in-rhyme, a band called Llama Beats. From beginning to end, them boys had the crowd at their will - hyped & jumpin one minute, mellow & vibin the next.

Parable's rhymes remind me of that old, relaxed, just lay-back-and-listen school of rap with just the right touch of grit. More than just a distinct voice, he's smart, too! Don't expect the same tired lines about cash & cuties the game's used to hearing lately... homeboy's about deeper, seamlessly-woven and colorfully painted stories instead. Oh yea, and he's pretty easy on the eyes, too, ladies (see below!) ;)

The Llama Beats' groovy vibe combined with Parable's edge make for a delicious combination that made an instant fan out of me... and everyone else in the room, for that matter. You can most definitely find me at their next show this Sunday .

And of course, you can catch Parable MC at MCPG's Launch Party next month!

For now, meet the artist and hear him talk about his plans with the Llama Beats in this interview I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment