2.08.2010

"I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless, & in this moment I am happy."

I am an avid supporter of studying your craft and striving to expand and perfect it endlessly, but let's face it: some people are just born with natural talent. Such is the case with painter Yamilia AvendaƱo.

At 18 years old, Yamilia shows more promise as an all-around creative mind than most artists I've met. What captivates me most about her work is the way she expresses concepts; more than painting a pretty picture, this gal's got something to say.

Preview some of my favorites below (remember they are pictures of canvases, so it's even more lively in person,) and check her out this Saturday at our Launch Party!

More importantly, I can't wait to see what this lovely lady will bring to the next few years!









No comments:

Post a Comment